Njord by Bergman Design House, the superyacht interior architecture and design studio co-founded by Marie Soliman, Albin Berglund and Sarah Colbon, is delighted to present their latest project, a refit 56m Benetti Galaxy. Using the highest levels of eco-friendly design and technique, the yachting arm of London’s award-winning interior design studio Bergman Design House, Njord by Bergman Design House is spearheading a new era of sustainable superyacht design.
Galaxy was completed by Njord by Bergman Design House in February 2022 after a record breaking five-month refit, a project that would typically take a minimum of 18 months. Designed with cosmic inspiration to fit the client’s desire to create a spaceship to entertain yet also call home, the yacht’s interior has been completely transformed including: a private nightclub, multi-sensory saloon, meditation and wellness space, a cinema room and private music studio, touch-and-go helipad, and a private party deck. Refit in record breaking time, Galaxy is the first ever superyacht to have a private member’s club designed onboard that turns into a multi-sensory space and cinema lounge. The luxurious cosmic superyacht was redelivered to her owner last month, ready to transform anyone who steps onboard to another universe.
Unveiling Galaxy by Njord by Bergman Design House
Albin, Marie and Sarah are considered movers and shakers in the design and superyacht industry – inspiring and innovating the world of luxury as they push boundaries in floating hotel design. Galaxy is the perfect representation of their creative work and ability to surpass their clients’ wildest dreams – including all onboard bespoke designs.
“Working with Njord by Bergman Design House has been an incredible journey. They truly understood what we wanted and delivered it in record time and on a grander scale than we could have ever imagined. The design exceeded our expectations and the day we got the 'keys' to Galaxy it became our home and not our yacht because of all the changes that made it ours. Our favourite room is the avatar room, where we regularly throw dance parties and the snug. We climb in there, shut the door, and the world just disappears” commented Galaxy’s owner.
The Galaxy project was a refit broken down into phases. This allowed the client to live and enjoy their new yacht while Njord simultaneously worked their magic on the interior design. Phase one of the project took place in Spring 2021 and saw the addition of new rugs, artwork, exterior seating, cushions and a general up-styling of the interior so the client could enjoy a summer season onboard whilst living in a space that felt more like home. This allowed the owner to live in the space and give feedback to Njord first-hand on which areas they found most comfortable and which they used less, all of which helped to inform the second, full refit phase.
Every piece placed on board during phase one flowed into phase two, ensuring nothing was wasted. Once the concept was agreed, a full interior refit of the main guest areas took place alongside exterior styling, giving the yacht a new lease of life. With a goal to complete the project within five months, this would be the shortest time frame in which any superyacht has ever undergone a refit. Together with the trust and can-do attitude of the owners, the Monaco Marine shipyard and the formidable crew, Galaxy has done just that.
Commenting on the Galaxy project, Njord co-founder Sarah Colbon said: "Galaxy is no longer just another white Superyacht gracing the ocean along the French Riviera, she has been transformed into the private owners’ own floating universe, a home which encapsulates their lifestyle and a design that has never been done before onboard a yacht of this kind. Galaxy is now a destination, a marvel that touches all your body's senses and excites and embraces you with its energy during each step you take onboard. Galaxy will now transport her new owners into another dimension.”
Notable Design Features
- A wall covering by Dylan Cole, the artist renowned for creating the world of Disney's Avatar, Maleficent and Superman. Designing the clients’ own ‘Pandora World’ aboard Galaxy, this once-in-a-lifetime commission was the first ever yacht project Cole has created. The wall covering covers the whole main saloon, which serves as a relaxation and yoga space by day, and the owners’ very own private members club deck for entertaining by night.
- ‘The Thinker’ sculpture by Joseph Kibansky is one of the most iconic sculpture pieces onboard Galaxy and will be the centrepiece of the whole experience. Kibansky’s ‘Baby We Made It’ turtles are onboard already and are a firm favourite!
- All materials used are from natural elements such as rock crystal and fully sustainable fabrics. The wood used in the flooring was specially selected to mimic the sensation of waves beneath the feet and enhance the senses. The furniture is completely organic, designed by Njord and produced by BlackBerg Collection.
- Exterior-wise, Njord have rebranded Galaxy’s look and feel from the nameplate logo and lifted youth into her exterior styling, with black painted mast and line accents alongside a full paint of the hull to breathe new life into her.
- Throughout the yacht, Njord have many special finishes and functional acoustic panels and fabrics, which are all aesthetically pleasing. From the most beautiful stones, to broken compresses and coloured glass to bespoke fabrics and veneers. The waved CNC cut timber flooring is another notable feature that stimulates the senses as guests onboard Galaxy walk on it. Every piece of furniture onboard the yacht has been made bespoke for the client with beauty, ergonomics and durability in mind.
- 56m LOA, 10.4m beam 3.3 draught over 892 gt
- 14 guests
- 10 crew & staff
- 2 main engines; 15kn cruising speed, top speed of 16kn
- Guest cabins: 1 master, 1 VIP, 2 double, 2 twin
To see more images visit here